The Visual & Critical Studies program offers this unique opportunity for highly motivated students to pursue an MA in VCS and, simultaneously, a graduate degree in Fine Arts, Writing or Curatorial Practice. We believe that intellectual curiosity, academic rigor, and creative drive are not mutually exclusive; rather, they enrich and invigorate one another.
The Dual Degree enables students to
- integrate thinking, writing, and making
- acquire advanced critical skills
- build a professional writing portfolio
The Dual Degree gives students an edge in competitive postgraduate arenas where the ability to theorize and write about visual culture, as well as produce it, are valued professional assets.
Below is more information about each offering:
- MA Curatorial Practice & MA Visual & Critical Studies
- MFA Fine Arts & MA Visual & Critical Studies
- MFA Writing and MA in Visual & Critical Studies
Also, check out the profiles of some of the Dual-Degree VCS alumni: